Depression and anxiety may be the diseases of the brain but how it affects our body is something really serious which cannot be ignored. 85% of the people in the UK go through a depressive phase or anxiety regularly and to eliminate that we suggest that you take the simplest and most effective approach of joining the yoga classes under the supervision of a professional fitness trainer. Let’s talk about a few poses that can help you get rid of depression and anxiety.
1. STANDING FORWARD BEND
Yoga is not only for the body but for the mind as well. If your brain isn’t getting enough blood flow then that could cause various mental health issues. Yoga classes with professional fitness trainers always start off with this basic yoga step.
- Stand on both your feet apart on equal distances.
- Bend forward in the pose of touching your toes and hang in there for a few seconds.
- Don’t forget to breathe in and out on equal intervals.
This will help you release all the pressure in your upper body and you will literally feel the blood flowing throughout your body freely.
2. LEGS UP THE WALL
You must have heard people recommending depression patients to sleep with their legs higher than their head. It’s because this pose also helps in sending the blood flow towards your head improving your mental health.
- Lie down and place your buttocks right close to the wall.
- Lift your legs up straight aligned with the wall.
- Breath in, count to 5 and release.
This particular pose relaxes you so much that your heart rate inclines to normal if you are having a high blood pressure even.
3. CHILD’S POSE
Personal fitness trainers who specialize in yoga classes always demonstrate this pose in order to tell the value it holds for the health of almost all our body parts including the brain.
- Place a yoga mat and sit on your knees shifting the weight on your legs.
- Raise both of your arms up in the air and bend forward towards the ground so your forehead touches the matt.
- Breathe in and out and clear your mind of any thoughts.
This pose doesn’t only help your brain but it’s also amazing for your spine and lower back as well. Professional yoga classes and personal fitness trainer courses teach you the detailed aspect of various yoga poses to eliminate anxiety.